Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dating outside my race.




I am a Latina sista who has for the longest considered herself only Black (even though my family speaks more Spanish than I do.) I've recently decided to "Let the cat out the bag," and start exploring outside the fence.

This is not a "Sell out," blog because please believe I love my Black brotha's.
It's just lately I've been having complications with the Black brotha.
The one's that have stepped up to the plate are either down-low, smoke, drink, have baby-mama drama, locked up or are in prison.
I am an educated young lady with no kids, no record and is HIV free. CAN I GET A HAND CLAP PLEASE.
My mama always told me "when u get sick & tired of being sick & tired...You'll do something about it." I take heed to those words now & I have made up in my mind I'm going to give my attention to something brand new.
I know the grass will not be greener on the other side because an asshole can be of any kind. However, I am willing to step outside of my comfort zone to embrace something new.
I am going to take my time liking a guy & make sure he knows that respect is a must. I will not let anyone walk-over me & use me. These are just a few vow's I've chossen to make to myself before I set out to this new & wild adventure.
However, I've always gotten approached by different races but now I believe that "love has no color," & is ready to explore a little further.









2 comments:

  1. Damn. Lost another one. :P j/k Do the damn thing. Having a white girlfriend taught me a LOT. It also really tests your endurance and faith in your relationship, cause everyone will COME AT YOUR HEAD about it.

    ReplyDelete