Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DREAMING LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.




"It was all a dream," I mean literally. I have dreams that turn into real life. I mean not everything about the dream is real but if the feeling is real then it must mean something. I believe God speaks to us through dreams & people!!!
Lately I've been dreaming about me driving along in my car on a rainy night & me hitting one of those orange construction cones. I lose control & spin out of control. I get out crying about my car hoping everything is all right. I make my way back to my car & find it still in one piece. I am happy but still have no idea what this dream is about.
A week earlier I dreamed of a classmate (Dee) & I in a parking lot she is Black & another individual male who is White. The significance of this dream was the car. We all laugh & chat about different things and like that the dream ended.
Today everything came into its rightful place and all in order too!!!
I arrived at school today & saw Dee!!! I swear I started to tell her the dream I had of her!!! I was way to scared...Afraid she might look @ me weird because we didn't really hangout OR talk much for that matter!!!
School ended @ 9:15pm as always. I was late getting to my car & had a classmate of mine help out to my car. As we walked out Dee appeared & said with a shaky voice "I locked my keys in the trunk can u help me." My classmate and I proceeded to help her get into the trunk of her car and then it hit me like an EPIPHANY this was the dream.
The white guy in my dream turned out to be a white classmate named Kathy. I told Dee & Kathy the dream I had & we all laughed.
Eventually we got into her car as one idea lead to another. First we tried ripping her back seats out as if they held some sort of secret compartment. Second, we read the owner's manual to see if there were any loose wires we could use to pop the trunk. Then, finally we used a safety pen to pick the lock which didn't work either.
The last resort ended in her finding an old house key to place in the lock & it worked!!!
The second dream came true on my way home. I stay 45 mins away from school & take the E-way to travel back & fourth. When I'm driving most of the time I don't use my turn signal. Earlier on my way to school there was this stupid van in back of me who had his turn signal on the entire way I drove to school!!! I took it as a warning sign and used my tonight.
I was passing up a truck in the fast lane. I wanted to get in front of it to let the other cars behind me pass. I thought twice and put my turning signal on & simultaneously begin to get over. At that exact moment a motorcycle comes out of no where flying past me!!!
I just thought had I not put my turning signal on this person could have lost his/her life due to stupidity.
My dream was on point except it wasn't raining & it wasn't a cone I hit but a motorist instead!!! God speared my life through these dreams I had & visually prepared me for the outcome.

The ancient Egyptians believed that, in dreams our eyes are opened. Their word for dream, “rswt, is etymologically connected to the root meaning “to be awake”. It was written with a symbol representing an open eye.

“The Egyptians believed that the gods speak to us in dreams. As the Bible story of Joseph and Pharaoh reminds us, they paid close attention to dream messages about the possible future.”
I too believe the same thing except it is JESUS CHRIST who speaks to us. They also understood that by recalling and working with dreams, you developed the art of memory, tapping into knowledge that belonging to them way before the life they lived in the present. The Egyptians believed it was an awakening to our connection with other life experiences.

Dreaming Like An Egyptian
My dream last night was about me being on the South Side of Chicago where I grew up. I was sitting in my car talking to an old classmate Marc. I was going to his house to do his hair & he told me to be careful because 94 W was all fucked up!!! I let u know how true this dream really is...

No comments:

Post a Comment