Sunday, June 21, 2009

Underdog





This piece I have written is for my mother & I say Happy fathers day to all the real father's out there. The one's who stood up for what was right even when life didn't shed it's light! The one's who were abandoned but was still were able to become more than just a father figure but a friend too because a little boy's best friend is his father & a little girls prince charming is her father so I dedicate this poem to all those who couldn't & didn't want to be a loving father!!!
“Underdog”

He’s a loser, a small fry, a runner up, second best, and a little guy. WHO AM I? A deadbeat dad that never came home to read his little girl a lullaby.

By the way where was he when I turned 16?
To READ TO me
Psalms 16 which was the pursue of happiness was from God & not me.

But he was a heathen U see so he didn’t teach me these things. Instead my mother had to pull a spectacular act and step in and play mommy & daddy off crack!!!

Yeah,
I know it’s wack but somebody had to act!
Performing LIVE 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days out the year.
DAMN
THEM number’S DON’T LIE
I mean She was like blood
She never stopped circulating for us.
Taught us wrong from right.
Taught us to never to breed with wolfs dressed in sheep clothing like you
CUZ
YOU
YOU
you were the reason why every relationship was full of insecurities
You were the reason why I lost all hope and prosperity.
But that’s okay
cus mommy had to play a stuntman and mange everything from
Jumping over biting piranhas to
Flying through fiery hoops!
Yep
She deserves the MVP award
for niggahz like you
Who didn’t take care
Of their seed like they were suppose too!
Yep
Taught me how to kick off the training wheels and stand on my own two!!!
&
If I were a boy…
she’d taught me how to be a man too!
So
You’s a loser, a small fry, just ah runner up, second best I guess, a little guy.
WHO ARE U?
My deadbeat sperm donor who wanted to be called father but never had the guts to step up to have that honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment